Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday's Favorites

Lillian is 5 months old... can't believe it!
Taking Monkey's lead and starting this Friday's Favorites... I have a few this week!

1) I went walking 3 times a week this week. That's a record!! And Lilly enjoyed being out in the fresh air too.

2) I had a student read a level F independently!! I was scared he wouldn't make progress to go to 2nd grade. We've been working REALLY hard!

3) I loved making my pumpkin LOL tonight by making funny faces at her! She giggles so easily and it my new goal!



On another note. My mom caught me totally off guard this afternoon when I went to pick up Lilly. Little background info... my parents bought property in GA a year or so ago. They have lived in the same house since I was 5 and the market still sucks here right now.

They want to build a house on the GA property but aren't willing to sell their house for next to nothing. So... she asked me if K would consider moving into their house here, pay the taxes (its paid off), keep up with the yard (its on almost 3 acres) and rent out our townhouse we're in right now.

She said she wanted to offer it to us first since they have already helped out my other sister who lives here. (They bought a house years ago when the market was great, fixed it up and sold it to her for what they originally bought it for. Sis saved a ton of $)

Nothing is set. It's just an idea they threw out there. K says if we can do that and save $$ then he would be all for it. So I'd be moving back into the house I grew up in since I was 5. Whoa! Love that damn house. It wouldn't actually happen for at least a year maybe two. And we would only be in it a few years till the market gets better and they could sell it. I think deep down they are sad to let go of the house. We all were raised in that house!

We will know more by summer time. They go up to GA the end of March to get more info on building a house. So that's kinda exciting!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lillian is so cute! I love the color of her eyes. That sounds like a great deal. It would be so sweet to raise Lillian in the house that you were raised in. I hope it all works out for you.

Lyryn said...

That is such an amazing little picture! So cute.