Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We saw the heart beat!!

I had my first u/s appointment and it went well. I guess it went well... she didn't say much! She did a vaginal u/s and as I was lying there she told me I have a tilted uterus which was news to me! She messed around on the machine for a while and hit a bunch of buttons and then turned the screen to my view and showed me the baby and zoomed in a bit so you could see the heart beat. Next to the baby is a circle and DH asked her what it was and she said it is a yolk sac which is feeding the baby right now and it will turn into the placenta. Never knew that either! That was about all we got out of her! I asked all sweetly "So whats it measuring?" and she of course said I'd have to wait to talk to the doctor at my OB appointment on Feb 4th. So I went into the bathroom to change and hear DH say "That's it?" and she said how next time they will look for the limbs and organs and stuff. So I am assuming if something was wrong she would have said something one way or another.
So I am sitting here staring at the blob and getting ready to meet my sister with her family for dinner. : )

7 comments:

Leannabanna said...

Yay for a heartbeat!!! That was mine and H's reaction to our first appt as well. "thats it" haha.... Congrats!

Bee said...

I'm so happy for you!! I have a tilted uterus, too. Interesting fact: it corrects itself as baby grows and will more than likely stay fixed after baby is born.

I am so glad everything went well! You better post that picture later!

TennisWife815 said...

YAY!! That first u/s is pretty basic. When we had ours at 6 weeks, they basically checked to make sure there was a baby there. The next one was at 14 weeks and was the NT Scan so it was more in depth -- like 30 mins. The 20 week and level 2 was awesome though!

mtendere said...

Yay! I'm glad it went well.

Maudette said...

Congrats Pink! I'm glad everything is on track and looking fab:)

lady gray said...

wahoooooo!

bee- i was going to echo your very tilted uterus words.

pink- i got the news about the tilted ute at my 1st u/s as well, and i thought "in all the times docs have had their hands up there before, they never thought to share this with me?"

i can't wait to see the pic!!! wahooo!

Becky said...

Hi,
Just wanted to say i found your blog through leannabanna and i think it's great!! I'm also pregnant 11 weeks and 3 days, to be exact!!
Ok to the ultra sound, how crazy. My first ultrasound was right after my first OB appt, 6 weeks and 4 days, it's just across the hall from my OB's office. The lady was a wack job. I mean full blue eye shaddow, all jumpy like she was on crack, but i'm told that's just her personality. Aren't the early pregnancy ultrasounds crazy? My husband was with me too and he was a little shocked by the whole vaginal ultrasound, he's only seen/ heard of the regular ones (13+ week one's i'm told).
Well i just wanted to say congratulations and that i'll be following your blogs, if that's ok, i guess i should ask huh??
Take care.
Oh i'm also in Florida over in Brevard County!